37% of French ski resorts were awarded this criteria
My resort was awarded this logo if :
The resort will dispose of an office or association run by the local council or the lift services offering seasonal workers with information on general matters such as: health issues, employment possibilities, training facilities and more.
The resort will help seasonal workers find sustainable jobs and adequate professional training possibilities. A seasonal job fair will be organized every autumn and/or spring to facilitate finding a job.
Welcoming and informing seasonal workers !
Only 25% of the resorts have an efficient structure to welcome and inform seasonal workers. But 51% of them take into account housing and living conditions for the workers always looking to improve their services.
Many players are involved on seasonality and multi-activity issues. It seems that progress has been made but several improvements still have to be made, especially on sustainable employment, possibilities of professional training, reception and information. To tackle this problem, several structures and tools have been created :
- houses or places for seasonal workers : welcoming, informing and providing services, these places help seasonal workers on their administrative formalities linked with the job, training, labour law and health and safety at work. For example, « La Maison du saisonnier » in the Pyrenees http://www.maison-du-saisonnier.com/
- resource and information centers specialized in multi-activity for seasonal workers specialized in tourism : PERIPL http://www.pluriactivite.org/
- ALATRAS (Association des Lieux d’Accueil des TRAvailleurs Saisonniers – Welcoming Places for Seasonal Workers Association) organize “Les Rencontres Nationales sur la Pluriactivité et la
Saisonnalité“ (National Meetings on Multi-activity and Saisonality) http://www.alatras.fr/
- the Source association deals with Tourism and Rural heritage http://www.source.asso.fr/
- Question-Saison is an informative website in Rhone-Alps http://www.questionsaison.fr/
- Local Missions work on social and professional integration for young people
- the “mutuelle française de Savoie“ publishes a pratical guide for seasonal workers…